The enter in error function in Canvas allows a user to mark a previous entry as an error. This allows Canvas to track edits over the lifetime of a chart in a way that preserves original entries but also allows users to update their documentation.
- You will learn how to enter commands in error.
- You will learn how to enter activity log postings in error.
- You will learn how to enter coverages in error.
Step by Step
Entering commands in error
- Begin in an open note after you've documented a command
- Select the triple dot menu to the right of the command
- Select Enter in Error, the command will turn gray and strikethrough to signal it was entered in error. This command will not display in any print representation of the note.
- Re-enter the command if needed
Entering Postings in the Activity log in error
- Navigate to the Claim Activity Log
- Locate the posting you want to enter in error
- Select see more...
- Select the button, the posting will strikethrough to signal it was entered in error
NOTE: If the posting has an associated payment you will be asked to confirm that you want to enter the posting in error.
- Confirm that you want to enter the posting in error if the posting is associated with a payment
- Re-enter the posting if needed
Entering Coverages in error
- Begin after you've entered a coverage that is not yet linked to a claim
- Select the button to the right of the coverage to expand/edit details on the coverage
- Re-enter the correct coverage if needed
NOTE: You can only enter coverages in error if they are not yet linked to a claim.
To remove a coverage that is linked to the claim you must mark the end date for the coverage and it will be removed from the coverages section and placed under inactive coverages.
- Clinical staff
- Administrative staff
- Billing staff
- Document Manager
- Population Health
- Care Coordination