The Follow Up command allows the user to prepare and schedule a follow-up appointment for a patient.
- You will learn how to schedule a follow-up appointment.
Due to the ever evolving nature of our product, recorded videos may be slightly out of date.
Q: I made a mistake, how do I remove this command?
A: Commands can be entered in error, but not deleted. Please review the Entering a Command in Error document for directions.
Q: How do I print this command?
A: A command can be printed by using the triple dot menu to the right of the command and selecting the print option.
Q: What happens if the appointment created by the Follow-up command is not booked?
A: Patients who have a Follow-up command without a corresponding scheduled appointment note will display on the recall list. Please review our detailed article about the recall list for more information.
Step by Step:
This process begins within an open note of the patient's chart.
- Type "follow up" or "fu" into a blank line within the note.
- Select command by pressing Enter on the keyboard.
- Navigate through the fields by pressing Tab between each field:
- Follow Up: you may input using natural language such as "3 weeks" or "6 months."
- Appointment Type: the type of visit that needs to be scheduled for the patient, i.e. home visit, office visit, lab visit, etc.
- Reason for Visit: free text or structured reason for visit depending on settings
- Internal Comment: a comment for internal staff only, displays on the appointment note under the clinical caption. The patient will not see this comment.
- Click REQUEST to commit the command. A Schedule Appointment note will be generated.
- Scroll up to find a new Schedule Appointment note with the information pre-populated, ready to book.
NOTE: Please see our appointments article for more information regarding scheduling appointments.
- Clinical Staff
Please sign in to leave a comment.