Once a patient has been enrolled to receive emails and/or texts, they are now considered a verified contact. Being a verified contact, allows the patient to receive appointment reminders. Non-telehealth and Telehealth appointment reminders are sent a fixed number of days prior to the appointment. This fixed number of days is configurable in settings. Telehealth appointment reminders also include a second reminder that is sent approximately 45 minutes prior to a scheduled Telehealth appointment. Please view our Customize Telehealth Appointment Reminder for more details.
- You will learn how to change the fixed number of days for appointment reminders.
- You will learn about appointment reminders for Telehealth patient.
- You will see examples of text message and email that the patients receive.
Tips & Tricks
- Patients are given the option to confirm an appointment from the appointment reminder but are directed to call the office to cancel or reschedule.
- Preferred badge serves as a visual reminder for end users but currently has no impact on where the reminder is sent.
- Non-Telehealth appointment reminders will always send via text unless email is the ONLY point of contact that is verified. If both email and text are verified the appointment reminder will always default to text.
- Telehealth appointment reminder will send via both email and text if both methods are verified.
Step by Step
- Navigate to the triple line menu, located on the top left-hand side
- Select Settings
- Locate and select Organizations under Practice heading within Settings
- Select the desired organization to open the Change Organization form
- Scroll down to the Organization Settings
- Locate the Appointment Reminders field
- Edit to the number after "daysAhead": and or "hourOfDay": in the Value field
- Timezone for the appointment reminder setting will be the same as the environment
- Select Save
Appointment Reminders for Telehealth Visits
NOTE: Patients with verified contact information receive two automated reminders for their Telehealth visit. Please view our Customize Telehealth Appointment Reminder for more details.
- Appointment Reminder: sent days prior to the appointment depending on what is documented in settings. Instructs the patient that they will receive additional information prior to their appointment
- Virtual Exam Room Reminder: sent to the patient 45 minutes prior to the appointment that includes a reminder and link to download Telehealth application. A second link is provided to join the appointment with the provider.
Example of Text Message Appointment Reminder
Example of Email Appointment Reminder
Example of Text Message Appointment Reminder - 45 minutes before appointment (fully customizable)
Example of Email Appointment Reminder - 45 minutes before appointment (fully customizable)
- Administrative Staff
Please sign in to leave a comment.