The Diabetes Mellitus with Secondary Complication protocol is available in Canvas to make care teams aware of recommended services and interventions. Protocols are located on the top right menu bar in the patient chart. A red badge indicates a protocol due.
- You will learn which patient population is targeted in the Diabetes Mellitus with Secondary Complication protocol.
- You will learn about the measure description for the Diabetes Mellitus with Secondary Complication protocol.
- You will learn about interventions available for the Diabetes Mellitus with Secondary Complication protocol.
- Patients with an active diagnosis of uncomplicated diabetes mellitus who ALSO have an active condition considered secondary to or exacerbated by diabetes mellitus.
- All patients with an active condition of E11.9 (Diabetes type 2 without complications).
- Consider updating the Diabetes without complications (E11.9) to Diabetes with secondary complication as appropriate. Note that this may or may not be necessary, but this protocol functions as a prompt to consider the patient in this regard.
- Clinical staff
- Population Health