The Medical Attention for Nephropathy protocol is available in Canvas to make care teams aware of recommended services and interventions. Protocols are located on the top right menu bar in the patient chart. A red badge indicates a protocol due.
- You will learn which patient population is targeted in the Medical Attention for Nephropathy protocol.
- You will learn about the measure description for the Medical Attention for Nephropathy protocol.
- You will learn about exclusions from the Medical Attention for Nephropathy protocol.
- You will learn about interventions available for the Medical Attention for Nephropathy protocol.
- Patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes mellitus with a visit during the measurement period.
- The percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes mellitus who had a nephropathy screening test or evidence of nephropathy (visit with nephrology, ace/arb medication, or renal diagnosis) within last 12 months.
- Excludes patients who were in hospice care during the measurement year.
- Order a urine microalbumin test or complete POC testing.
- Lab results must be uploaded/come in via Data Integration and must also be reviewed by the provider to complete the intervention. If entering a historical microalbumin test via Data Integration, a lab report with a recorded results linked to the 14957-5 LOINC code must be used. These include:
- Albumin, Urine
- Albumin/Creatinine Ratio, Random Urine
- Clinical staff
- Population Health