The Foot Exam protocol is available in Canvas to make care teams aware of recommended services and interventions. Protocols are located on the top right menu bar in the patient chart. A red badge indicates a protocol due.
- You will learn which patient population is targeted in the Foot Exam protocol.
- You will learn about the measure description for the Foot Exam protocol.
- You will learn about exclusions from the Foot Exam protocol.
- You will learn about interventions available for the Foot Exam protocol.
- Patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes mellitus.
- The percentage of patients aged 18-75 years diabetes mellitus who received a foot exam during the measurement year. The foot exam has the three components of visual inspection AND sensory exam with monofilament AND palpation of pulse exam.
- Patients who have had either a bilateral amputation above or below the knee, or both a left and right amputation above or below the knee before or during the measurement period.
- Patients who were in hospice care during the measurement year.
- Conduct comprehensive foot examination including assessment of visualization, protective sensation, and pulses. Document using Physical Exam command.
- Clinical staff
- Population Health