The Eye Exam protocol is available in Canvas to make care teams aware of recommended services and interventions. Protocols are located on the top right menu bar in the patient chart. A red badge indicates a protocol due.
- You will learn which patient population is targeted in the Eye Exam protocol.
- You will learn about the measure description for the Eye Exam protocol.
- You will learn about exclusions from the Eye Exam protocol.
- You will learn about interventions available for the Eye Exam protocol.
- Patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes mellitus.
- Percentage of patients aged 18-75 years with diabetes mellitus who have had a retinal or dilated eye exam by an eye care professional during the measurement period or a negative retinal exam (no evidence of retinopathy) in the 12 months prior to the measurement period.
- Exclude patients who were in hospice care during the measurement year.
- Order Retinal or Dilated Eye Exam
- Specialist Consult Report must be uploaded/come in via Data Integration and must also be reviewed by the provider to complete the intervention.Data Integration specialty consult reports to use include:
- Ophthalmology: Diabetic Retinopathy Screening
- Clinical staff
- Population Health